The Apriem team is growing! We are looking for a Portfolio Administrator to join our team in Southern California.
At Apriem we are committed to serving our clients to the highest degree with unmatched integrity and aptitude. We are seeking a full-time support professional to assist with the day-to-day investment portfolio administration at Apriem Advisors.
The Portfolio Admin position is primarily responsible for working closely with the Investment Team, Wealth Managers, and Operations Team in the areas of portfolio administration, portfolio analysis, and investment research. The duties are so specialized and complex that knowledge required to perform them is associated with a bachelor’s degree or higher.
The PA will be responsible for investment-based and client-based duties, among other things that may arise from a small-company setting.
- Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong organization and analytical skills.
- Working towards getting the CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst) designation.
- Daily client portfolio administration
- Manage client, account, securities, and model portfolio settings as well as maintain 3rd party databases such as Advisor View, Rebalancer & Citrix
- Trading execution, allocation, and reconciliation, including post-trade audits and communication of trades to the WMs
- Investment Policy Statement creation and revision
- Implementation Plan creation
- Research report generation, assemble & review economic & market data for Investment Team
- Take minutes from Investment Team meetings and due diligence meetings with Fund Managers
- Assist in our GIPS certification
- Perform employee trades audit & Investment Policy audit
- Maintain and update Compliance logs for the Investment Team such as Trade Errors, Best Execution, Restricted Stocks, Illiquid Trades
- Assist in submitting SEC forms such as 13F
- Prepare Prospect Pitchbook and assist in creation of client/prospect presentation materials
- Contribute articles/write-ups for our website/blog/social media
Long-Term Goals for Portfolio Admin:
The initial duties as a PA currently includes many operational, data gathering and analysis duties. The progression of the role will be to expand duties beyond those listed:
- Communication: We are here to serve clients. Having the desire and ability to communicate with clients and the staff is crucial to our accomplishing our mission. Samples including discussing market events, recent trades, changes in allocation, and investment ideas.
- Decision Making: Beyond just gathering and analysis data, decisions need to be made. Proving you can make profitable decisions will show your investment management ability.
- Portfolio Management: Managing a style specific strategy.
Growth path includes (subject to change) Financial Analyst, Sr. Financial Analyst, VP-Portfolio Manager.
This is a full-time position but given COVID-19, schedule is yet to be determined.
To apply, please send resume to Benjamin Lau, firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.