We had an amazing webinar with the team from HICAP (Health Insurance Counseling & Advocacy Program), a local non-profit that helps families navigate the complexities of Medicare. While we were unable to record this session, here are our “Top 5 Takeaways!”
1. Know your Deadlines! Make sure you enroll on time. Signing up late can cause a delay in benefits and/or may lead to higher lifetime premiums. Contact HICAP or SHIP for help!
2. Enroll in Plan D even if you don’t take medications.
3. Download the Medicare manual. It’s free and available here.
4. Guard your Medicare card like a credit card. Medicare fraud continues to grow at a fast rate!
5. Know who your resources are. There many great resources out there. We like HICAP from the Council on Aging. They have been a trusted, nonprofit organization since 1973.